Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Walat Problema (No problem!)

Things have been going ok at the ranch... a few of our older girls decided to go back to their families, and that was heart-breaking for us, but it was their choice.  We are praying for God's protection over their lives, and we ask you to do the same.


We also have received 3 new kids, and are expecting another next week.  It's bittersweet to get new kids, because it's so sad to see them missing their families, but it's so good to know that they will be safe here!


God is good.  Lately, I've been quoting Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."


I often find myself leaning on my own understanding.  I try to understand why troubles come, why innocent kids go through so much pain, why people are so cruel.  In my mind, it doesn't make sense, and it never will.  Then I remember to trust God.


I gave this illustration to my class during devotions last week. If Clara, my 4 year old, has a problem with something, she has two options.  She can try to solve it by herself, or she can get help from me.  Let's say she can't understand how to tie her shoes.  So she can try and try to do it herself until she gets so frustrated and upset and just wants to give up... or she can ask me for help.  I know how to tie shoes, no problem.  I can get it done in a few seconds.  Mana! ("Done" in Cebuano!)


Now, I know that at some point I will have to teach her how to do it herself, but that doesn't really tie in (no pun intended!) with my illustration.  


The point is, sometimes I get so caught up in trying to do everything myself, and so frustrated, and I forget that God is an all-powerful, omniscient God.  I am never going to stump him with a problem that I have.  God will never say, "Sorry, you're on your own with that one."  All I have to do is ask!


2 Corinthians 12:9  "For my power is made perfect in weakness." 


I wrote this song when I was in high school: 

I look around me, I've failed you again.  
Time after time, I try to do good, 
then I fall right back into my sin.
And I think about you,
God, do I make you sad?
'cause every time I try to do good, 
it always ends up bad.


But I want to please you, I want to hold your hand!
I want to live for you, help me understand
Your power's made perfect in my weakness,
well, I'm as weak as I can be.
But I want to please you, please can you forgive me?




Don't forget to trust in your heavenly Father today, no matter how big or small your problem is! 


Thank you for praying for us.  We appreciate you! 

1 comment:

  1. =)
    I like reading your posts. I feel like I understand you, Kelli :)

    Have you sang your song for the girls yet?! They would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete